Ambient Design ArtRage Lite 4.5.10 Multilingual (Win/Mac)
Ambient Design ArtRage Lite 4.5.10 Multilingual (Win/Mac) | 78.99 MB | 71.62 MB
ArtRage 4 is an easy to use natural painting package that lets you create realistic artwork on your computer. It has a wide range of artistic tools that let you get right down to the creative process without forcing you to learn complex or technical controls. It’s like real paint without the mess! Natural Painting Tools, Powerful Utilities, for everyone from the Pro to the Beginner. A realistic painting program for Windows and Mac OSX that mimics traditional media
Whether you want to switch from real world painting to digital artwork while keeping that natural feel and artist freedom, perhaps do your own calligraphic inking, find a less frustrating way of learning watercolours, or have some carpet-friendly glitter for your kids, then ArtRage is for you!
- ArtRage 4 offers professional level features, and is incredibly easy to use, allowing everyone from children to professional artists to make the transition from traditional to digital art.
- ArtRage allows you to mix up your own paints, smearing realistically and mimicking real world art canvas textures and paint thickness.
- It has been refined by ongoing feedback from real artists to create the most realistic chalk, oil paints, watercolours, inking pens and more.
- It also offers highly customisable brushes, an intuitive interface that stays out of your way, and more fun and creativity than any other digital art program.What's New in ArtRage 4:Natural Painting Tools
Get painting without having to learn complex digital tools. ArtRage provides painting tools that behave like real world tools so you can use familiar techniques as you work.
• The Oil Brush and Paint Roller place strokes of paint which can be blended with other colors under the brush.
• The Paint Tube lays down blobs or stripes of thick paint that can be spread out with the Palette Knife.
• The Watercolor Brush paints delicate, translucent strokes that work with canvas wetness to flow together and create wet color gradations.
• The Airbrush sprays a fine mist of paint to create subtle tints without affecting the texture of your brush strokes.
ArtRage tracks more than just the color of the paint on your canvas. The application understands the thickness of the paint, how wet it is, and how reflective your metallic paint is. This allows the tools to work more like real tools than digital tools.
• ArtRage knows how much paint is on your canvas so as you smear thick oils to flatten and spread them they thin down until they won’t spread any more. When thick paints meet their colors mix together until they dry out, so you can create natural looking blends. The texture of the bristles shows up in the stroke while you paint, but you can smooth it out with a Palette Knife if you want a flat result.
• Sometimes you want the unpredictable, chaotic look of a stroke made with a dirty brush. ArtRage remembers what paint you have on your brush head, even if you’ve been mixing on the canvas, so you can turn off automatic cleaning and have your brush head remain dirty until you dip it in the handy Water Glass.
• The Watercolor Brush monitors the wetness of both the canvas and other paint it comes in to contact with, this lets strokes expand to blend realistically, forming soft, translucent washes or thicker, dried edges where it makes sense so you don’t have to keep changing settings to get a variety of natural behaviors.Sketching & Drawing Tools
Take advantage of the texture of your canvas with freehand sketching and precise drawing tools.
• The Pencil Tool has adjustable softeness so you can do everything from subtle shading that picks up the paper grain, to bold line work. The Pastel tool with its Wax or Chalk option is great for block coloring.
• The Inking Pen and Felt Pen create solid ink strokes or highlights that interact with color already on the canvas.
• The Flood Fill tool makes filling in areas of color easy, so when you’ve placed down your inked lines you can fill them in with a single click. You can even create Gradients or Pattern Fills with this tool.
• The Inking Pen and the Precise Pencil have an Auto-Smoothing option that can smooth out the wobbles caused by an unsteady hand to make every stroke look crisp.Special Effect Tools
Add a touch of the unusual to your artwork, or create complex scenes easily using the special effects tools in ArtRage.
• The Sticker Spray can create complex scenes in seconds. Create flocks of birds, piles of gold, dense forests and more using images from Sticker Sheets.
• The Gloop Pen spreads expanding, wet strokes with a range of properties that let you create different effects like thought bubbles, spreading pools of ink, or fuzzy clouds in a single operation.
• The Cloner lets you clone paint that is already on the canvas, including all of its texture and wetness properties, with options for brush head and flow control.
• The Glitter Tube lets you sprinkle sparkly, metallic particles with a variety of settings to adjust the final result.Utility Tools
A set of utilities work alongside the natural tools in the product to add a touch of digital convenience to your workflow.
• The The Transformation Tool can pick up any object to resize, position, and rotate it directly so you don’t need to worry about getting it exactly right when you start. You can transform using Linear, Non-Linear, and Perspective modes.
• The Selection Tool creates eliptical or square masked areas for limiting where paint can be applied, or for copy and paste.
• The Text Tool places text that can be positioned, scaled and rotated to fit your image without losing the ability to edit it later.Presets & Settings
Want to load your brush with more paint, thin your watercolor, or use a softer pencil? Each Tool has a range of options that can be adjusted to create many different variants.
• Tool Settings that reflect the natural properties of the tool can be adjusted to create a wide range of different, realistic effects.
• Store as many different sets of Tool Settings as you want using the Tool Presets system. Presets can be organised in to categories for easy location.
• Choose whether you want to store Tool Size and Color with Presets, depending on how you want them to behave.Colors
How you pick colors is central to the process of painting and the best way to do it can vary from person to person, or even painting to painting. Do you blend color on the canvas and sample it, do you use an artistic color picker, or do you store samples of your favorites for later use?
• The Color Picker supports variants of HLS and RGB color picking in its corner-wheel configuration.
• If you prefer to work with color on the canvas you can place down different blobs of paint with the Paint Tube and blend them with the Palette Knife for sampling as you need them later.
• Store Color Samples for your favorite colors, and create Custom Color Pickers for when you have a set of colors you want to work with.
• Add Metallic Tinting to your pigments to add some reflectivity to the pigment. Metallic paint blends smoothly in to non metallic paint.Stencils & Rulers
Rather than requiring you to change tool modes or define selected areas to create straight lines and masks, ArtRage gives you a freeform, flexible Stencil and Ruler system that lets you work precisely using any tool, without needing to change settings.
• With a Ruler on the canvas, you can paint a freehand stroke that snaps to the edge as soon as you get close, then you can draw along the edge as if you were using a real ruler, and away from it back in to a freehand stroke without lifting the stylus.
• Any shape can be turned in to a Ruler, so you can create crisp curved edges or geometric rulers that give you a precision edge to draw against.
• Rulers are physical objects on your canvas so you can put down as many as you like and they work together. Do perspective construction or create complex shapes by placing multiple items then drawing along their edges.
• Stencils work like plastic slates that prevent paint passing through to the canvas. Like Rulers, Stencils work together so you can lay down as many as you like for a wider range of effects.Stickers & Spray
If you want to add preconstructed elements like trees or pebbles to your paintings, or if you want to construct craft-projects using scrapbook images, the Sticker system is just what you need.
• Stickers are predefined images that can be peeled off sheets and stuck to your canvas. Each Sticker carries its own color, texture, gloss, and metallic settings so you can add complex objects to your images in one operation.
• Stickers are stored in Sticker Sheets that gather together images of a similar type in to a single pane for ease of access.
• Individually placed Stickers can be fully edited after they have been stuck to the canvas. Change their tint and shadow settings, or rotate, scale, and move them without damaging their quality.
• The Sticker Spray lets you place multiple Stickers ins a single stroke. Draw a chain link fence in one operation, create clouds or flocks of birds. Any Sticker Sheet can be used by the Sticker Spray to automate the creation of complex scenes.Paint Symmetry
ArtRage lets you add mirrors to the canvas that automatically reflect your paint tools as you work. This means you can quickly produce precise symmetrical designs as bases for more detailed painting or as works in their own right.
• Apply Mirrored or Rotational Symmetry with an adjustable number of axes, center point, and rotation.
• Paint Symmetry doesn’t just duplicate the color you apply to the canvas – It’s like multiple tools painting at once applying color, texture, and other paint properties.
• Because you’re painting with multiple tools, each reflected tool can interact with the paint applied by others, creating symmetrical blends and textures.Toolbox & Workbench
Sometimes you want to get rid of the interface and work in a focused, clean environment. ArtRage 4’s Workbench and Toolbox systems do just this. Gather together the custom content you need for a specific painting in the Toolbox Panel, then collapse the entire interface in to a single toolbar via Workbench Mode to work in a clean space with instant access to the stuff you need for the task at hand.
• The Toolbox Panel lets you gather content relevant to your current painting in to a single panel, including Presets, Colors, Stencils, References, Layers, and more.
• Items in the Toolbox can be pinned to the Workbench Pinboard, which lets you create an even more focused set of important tools for the specific task at hand.
• Workbench Mode collapses the entire interface in to a single docked toolbar that can be hidden or shown as required.
• Panels are available as popups from the Workbench: Open them with a click and they vanish when you’re finished using them.Canvas / Paper
The type of surface you paint on can add a lot to the final feel of a piece of art. ArtRage lets you define the properties of your canvas including texture and color to create a huge range of different surfaces.
• Choose from a range of Canvas Presets, store your own, or just tweak properties on the fly. Personalising your Canvas can turn it from a blank background window in to an integral part of the artwork.
• Canvas Properties such as texture and roughness exist independent of any paint you have applied. Change the Canvas underneath your artwork at any point and new paint strokes will react to the changes. While you paint, you’ll see your Canvas in the window beneath, it’s not just applied as a post process to the image.
• Color Bitmaps can be applied to the canvas if you want to add color detail to your paper.
• Canvas Texture can be removed and the surface made transparent for exporting images with transparency masks.Tracing Images
If you want to use an existing photo as a guide while painting, you can import one as a Tracing Image and use it to help you work.
• Import photos as Tracing Images. Images are overlaid on to the canvas and remain visible while you paint.
• Automatic Color Selection makes ArtRage sample color for you from the Tracing Image as you paint so that you can focus on your brush work. This is great for beginners who are just getting used to painting.References, Scraps, Views
Sometimes you want to use a photo as a reference while you paint, or create mixing palettes for temporary painting. Rather than forcing you to open another file, or worse shrink your working window down so you can see another application, you can pin photos directly on to your canvas.
• Import photos as Reference Images that are pinned to your canvas to be visible while you work.
• Create Scraps that act as floating canvases that can be used to mix paint or proof ideas before painting on your main canvas.
• Create Views which are floating viewports displaying your canvas that can be zoomed and panned independently of the main window to provide multiple views in to your painting as you work.
• Scale, rotate and position the References, and zoom in to its contents to get the perfect area for reference while you’re painting.Layers & Blend Modes
ArtRage supports industry standard Layers and Layer Groups, transparent overlays that allow you to paint in to your image without damaging paint that was previously applied. Using Layers, you can paint elements of your image and edit them independently of other elements, allowing you to make changes without disturbing the rest of your work.
• Add as many Layers and Layer Groups as you like to your painting.
• Layer controls include Opacity Adjustment, and Layer contents can be scaled, rotated, and moved independently.
• Independent Layer Locks allow you to lock transparency, paint content, or transformation of layers to prevent accidental destructive editing.
• ArtRage supports Photoshop standard Blend Modes that change the way paint interacts with items beneath.User Interface
The Interface is designed to let you focus on your creativity and get out of the way while you work so that you can spend your time painting rather than navigating panels.
• Important functions such as tool and color selection are presented in a first tier of the interface, while deeper functions that requires less common use are kept aside in Pods to avoid taking up too much space. The interface is organised to maximize the space you have for painting, without requiring you to hunt for functions when you need them.
• The interface is customisable. Most panels can be torn off the canvas and moved to other monitors, interface tint can be changed, and you can scale and rotate any of the floating panels in the application. Shrink down a panel you’re just using occasionally, and expand one that you need to get quick access to if you want.
• While you paint, interface elements get out of the way as the brush approaches so that you can keep painting underneath panels without having to stop and hide them before continuing.
• If you have a Multitouch screen you can use gestures to control the interface and the canvas, making it easy to move objects such as Stencils, Stickers, and Panels around.Stylus Support
ArtRage 4 includes support for advanced properties of Wacom Styluses.
• Stylus Pressure, Tilt, Airbrush Wheel, and Barrel Rotation are supported by the tools where appropriate.
• Tool Settings can be assigned to specific properties of the Stylus in varying combinations where appropriate.
• ArtRage supports Wacom Stylus Recognition, which allows it to remember which tool you had selected for a specific stylus. If you use more than one stylus you can assign tools and colors to them which are automatically selected when the stylus is brought to the tablet.File Formats, Import & Export
In order to maintain paint volume, wetness, and other features unique to the application, ArtRage uses its own file format to store your paintings. However, you can import and export a number of different formats if you want to work with images from other applications, or export copies of your paintings to display.
• Import and Export standard image formats including PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, and others depending on your operating system.
• Import and export Photoshop PSD format files, maintaining your Layer and Group structures, Text Layers and Blend Modes as you pass information between the two applications.
• Set ArtRage to automatically save Backups of your paintings as you save. You can define how many generations of previous painting are saved to avoid destructive edits overwriting previous good work.System Requirements:
- Vista, Windows 7, 8 (requires Desktop mode for Windows 8), 10
- Mac OSX 10.6 or later ( Intel Macs only ).
- 1024 x 768 or larger screen size